I've mentioned before, as soon as we discovered the plays performed daily on the KidStage, we would plan our visits around attending as many performances as possible. And many plays have become well loved (especially in the past few months as the kids have been eager and willing volunteer participants), but none so much as The Tale of the Three Little Pigs. Nathan has long coveted the role of Patsy pig - the only part he was interested as "she" (though they usually pick a boy for this part) was the one who built the house of bricks. (So even when he's going way out of his comfort zone to get up onstage and "perform" in front of a crowd, he's still interested in the safety provided by that brick house.) Last week Nathan's dream came true when he was picked to play the role of Patsy pig! Here's the short clip that I was able to get of him.
Sarah more recently decided she wanted to be cast as the Big Bad Wolf (the adult actors usually cast this as a little girl - they do a great job keeping it amusing for the parents as well). Last week she was devastated when Nathan was picked for a role but she was not, but as a consolation prize I volunteered to fill the adult role of Nathan's house of bricks (represented by a brick-fabric covered umbrella) and took her on stage with me. The big bad wolf who was cast in that play turned out to have gotten into more then she had bargained for, and ended up abandoning her role about 2/3 through the play. So I whispered to Sarah and pushed her forward and she stepped up, put on the hat, and became the "understudy" Big Bad Wolf. Since I was onstage unfortunately the little clip of Nathan was the only video I was able to get, but I do have this picture of the three of us that a kind lady seated next to us took with my phone.
And here's their close-up.

Then today, when the threat of scattered showers sent me looking for an indoor amusement for the three of us, we decided to head back to the museum for our last and final visit (boohoo!). Nathan was thrilled when he was cast as a frog in the first play (a role he and Sarah had both done before)...
...but Sarah was practically inconsolable (lots of crying, twice) because she got passed over three different times as a volunteer. Then it was time for lunch and a little fishing break on the wharf outside the museum...
(Side note: Sarah still loves the idea of wearing a ponytail, and I figured out that this string of three little ponytails will actually keep most of her hair contained these days.)
... then it was back into the theater for The Three Little Pigs. Since Nathan had been picked as a volunteer for the previous show, I told him he wasn't allowed to volunteer for this one. So he sweetly helped Sarah hold up her hand as they were picking parts, with her hand opening and closing wildly in an extra attempt to attract attention her way. And... SUCCESS! The biggest, baddest wolf you ever saw!!
This time I let other parents play the roles of the pig houses so I could get my baby girl's performance on camera. So here's a long video of the whole production, starring Sarah K!
Are either of these kids going to turn out to be thespians thanks to their early acting experience? Only time will tell!









LOVED and Just read to Paw Paw in a dramatic fashion as we drove home from Florida. We'll watch the videos when we have a computer. Gran
ReplyDelete