This sweet baby boy of mine is already three months old! Hooray, we made it out of the newborn stage!! And this kid... I'm just so thankful for an easy, go-with-the-flow baby!
This past weekend was Granddaddy's funeral, which turned into basically three full days of being on the go from morning until bedtime, and Andrew was just a champ! He would cat-nap in other people's arms (Pawpaw had the magic touch multiple times) and if I brought the swaddle blanket he would take longer naps on other peoples' beds. Though if you try and move him after he's fallen asleep, he'll wake up and be DONE with the nap. He even amazingly slept through the 21 gun salute at Granddaddy's military memorial service! And even with all the crazyness and getting passed around to lots of people, he never got fussy or angry. I'm so thankful because he really made it easy for us to spend lots of time with family.
As far as his "schedule" goes, here's basically what our days are like if we're at home all day (which is rare!). Andrew usually wakes up around 7 and is up for 1-2 hours before going down for his first nap. He usually sleeps for an hour, then is up again for an hour and a half. Then nap #2 for another hour, and then up again for about an hour and a half. This gets us to about 1:00 when I hopefully put Andrew and Sarah down for simultaneous naps (#3 for Andrew), Nathan has his quiet time, and I have the option to nap or putter. Also this is when Andrew (hopefully) has his longer nap of the day, somewhere between 2-3 hours in length. From then on he has a longer stretch of awake time, sometimes with a catnap to get him through until bedtime between 7:00 and 8:00. Dream feed at 10:30ish, then nighttime wakings are sporadic - one or two wakings from 3:30 on. But the other night when he woke up at 4:00ish, he just half-heartedly nursed, so I'm hopeful that we are getting to the point where he's getting enough calories during the day to phase out his night wakings (I can dream...).
Such a happy smiler! Would love a trio of pictures sometime with the other children at the same age. Gran
ReplyDelete