We have had some challenging weeks lately at the Kornrumpf household, dealing with LOTS of toddler tantrums. One morning I was so fed up and tired of all the fussing and inconsolable crying that I tried a new tactic: use each opportunity to try and capture a good angry/crying expression of Andrew on camera.
Then I decided that the pictures don't quite capture all of the drama, so it was time for movies. This is typical Andrew on Nathan's tricycle - he loves it so much but he also gets so frustrated and unfortunately lots of times I can't figure out how to help him. You would think that scooting him away from the yard cart would fix this problem... but you would be wrong. That's what I had tried right before taking the movie, but he just started ramming it again. Next I tried moving the yard cart out of the way, which still didn't fix things for Andrew. So I gave up trying to help and continued with my chores.
I think Nathan was a little concerned that I was videoing Andrew's crying. "Why are you taking a video of Andrew fussing, Mom?" I told him it would help us remember this, because someday Andrew would be as old as he was now and wouldn't be having tantrums anymore. I'm not sure my explanation satisfied him, but it was helping me cope with my frustration so I carried on.
These pictures and videos were from two-ish weeks ago, and within a day or two of taking them Andrew's first molar cut through. Now that tooth is all the way in and we can see two more peeking through the gums. Some days are fine while some days have been excruciatingly difficult. God willing, things will get better again after that last molar makes its appearance. Or it will be just in time for the "terrible twos" to start kicking in... Never a dull moment these days, that's for sure!
Good idea to tape it! Only a week till we're back and I can have Andrew time! Gran
ReplyDelete