Starting about a week and a half ago, we had a fussy and whiny Nathan with a runny/stuffy nose. By early last week, we could tell Nathan was feeling much better, but then on Thursday the runny nose was back with a terrible sounding cough. Poor kid! At least this time he didn't act like he felt as bad, but when the cough gets going, look out! He's doing better again, but was coughing pretty badly when he went to bed tonight.
Last weekend Brian and I spent a lot of time on the basement. We were working on cleaning and organizing the big room in the basement, and ended up with a big load of stuff for Goodwill and another smaller load for the construction dump. Now the remainder of the stuff in the room has been moved to the center in anticipation of painting the walls soon.
This past week, Byron and Sarah came back from Texas for a vacation, and we spent a couple of fun times with them. Last Sunday there was a cookout at the Branch Ranch, which was a ton of fun and the weather was SO beautiful. While we were there, Nathan was really excited about seeing and touching Leslie's pet rabbit, and I think someone got pictures of it, so hopefully I can a copy to post. Then Tuesday night Byron and Sarah came over after dinner for the beginning of a video game duel between Brian and Byron. Yesterday we went back out to the ranch for some more video game playing, while Nathan, Sarah and I hung out on the porch and played board games with Lesa (and Nathan got to pet the rabbit again!).
Unfortunately I don't have any pictures to share from the past two weeks, but tonight we did get another good video of Nathan in his jumper. Although he doesn't spend as much time in it as he used to, Nathan still loves his jumper, and tonight he was even more exuberent then usual.
Nathan continues to experience new foods, and overall he is a pretty good eater. The two latest introductions were oatmeal and apples. We've had the most trouble getting him to eat green beans so far, but after I mixed them with a good helping of rice cereal, he eats it much more willingly. I guess green beans are more strongly flavored then some foods, and I think the texture of the homemade puree didn't help (he was gagging quite a bit!). Next on my list is butternut squash, so I bought one on Friday and baked and pureed it today. First time ever buying butternut squash, and I feel like if we are feeding it to Nathan, Brian and I should eat it also. So I'll do something with it this week for us and we'll see how it turns out. I guess this is a good side effect of making my own baby food - it will help me branch out past the typical fruits and veggies that I always buy. In fact, I found out this week that Brian likes cauliflower, who knew?
Friday was Brian and my 5th wedding anniversary, so we celebrated in a memorable way by opening the cards that we got each other for our 4th anniversary. Yep, that's correct. After not opening our cards last year for a month or two after our anniversary, we decided to just hang onto them and open them this year. The funny thing is that the card that Brian bought for me this year turned out to be the same one he bought last year. And I almost did the same thing as well, but thought the card looked too familiar and kept looking. So we opened last years' cards, but not this years'... I guess we are starting our own, unique anniversary tradition. Thanks to everyone for the cards and well-wishes, we appreciate that you remember!
Well, I guess this comes to the end of my chatty post. Hopefully this week I'll do better about posting and have some new pictures to share!




Gran says: Whee!! A new post--glad our little fella is feeling better and you all had some great BranchRanch time (and bunny time). Love you!!
ReplyDeleteHope mine was not the snotty sick kid in the nursery. I promise it was alergies!!! If it was, sorry!!! Hope Nathan feels better soon cause I know how miserable that can be!! Glad yall had a great anniversary and had fun with Sarah and Byron too! :)
ReplyDelete