Food. Nathan is becoming a good eater, and he especially eats a lot at night. I'll thaw a couple of ounces of food, and he gobbles them up and I have to go thaw more, or make some cereal or something. Two nights lately he's eaten almost 3/4c of food at night, which seems like a lot considering he's not 7 months yet.
Spoons. Big people spoons, small "Nathan" spoons, wooden spoons. It doesn't matter, he loves them all. I took a wooden spoon to church for him to play with, and was sitting in the service wondering what people thought when I handed him a spoon to keep him occupied. Like "can't they buy him real toys?" But it kept him happy and quiet for a while, which was the whole idea, of course.
Nathan loves playing with his spoon after eating.
Another spoon story: Nathan and I were sitting on the floor in the kitchen a week or two ago and I was eating a bowl of yogurt. Nathan was playing with some toys but then got really interested in what I was eating. I wondered if he was hungry, so I licked off the spoon and held it towards his mouth, expecting him to open his mouth for some food. But no, he tried to grab the spoon out of my hands instead. As I said, the kid loves spoons.
Tags. As in the ones on toys that most people cut off before they give them to their child. Luckily, I have quite a few toys with the tags still on, and Nathan loves them. He will spend many minutes inspecting it, holding it in his fingers and turning it over, then he'll chew on it. I bought him a "tag" toy, where there are lots of pieces of ribbon around the edges, simulating lots of tags (obviously my son isn't the only child with this obsession). However, usually instead of playing with the dozens of ribbons that are on the toy, Nathan finds the REAL tag for the toy and plays with that. Go figure.
This is Nathan's favorite tag, probably because its so big.
Yep, found the tag here too!
The cats. Nathan gets really excited when he sees the cats, especially when he is sitting on the floor and they walk by. Its even better when they decided to sit down close to him. We working on "gentle" because he just wants to grab a handful of the cat's fur!
Look how excited he is!
Silly sound effects. He loves it when Brian and I make weird noises at him, and within the last few days has begun to make some himself. He cracks himself (and us) up when he makes his noises!
Anything involving his legs: bouncing in the jumper or on someone's lap, "walking" with Brian or my help, or just during tummy time when he kicks his feet against the floor.
Coughing. He is finally almost over his bad cough, but he has resumed the fake coughing that he began quite a while ago. He just likes the attention it gets him!
That's all I can think of right now!




Gran says: Our little Jimmy loved tags too--but you never paid any attention to them. Makes me smile. And some great pictures and expressions. I really love the 3rd and 4th ones!
ReplyDeleteHi from Karen! I didn't realize I could make comments on here. You're in trouble now! ha. Nathan is adorable. It's like reading a story. You tell the story and there's a picture of him doing it. So cute. It helps to keep up with his amazing progress. I agree with Gran, he looks so different in his pictures from one time to the next. The pictures of him on the swing look like when he was younger. But the ones indoors makes him look so mature! What a good boy he is. I love the fake coughing. That's funny. I also love the tag thing. So funny that Nathan focuses on that. Could be that he pays attention to detail - a very good trait. Kevin would want to know how things work. "What does this do, Mamma?" Never, "why?" like most children. So fun! Love to all.
ReplyDelete