Here's how my life goes these days:
Nathan wakes up. Nathan asks about Oreo, Princess, Dada, Gran, Nana, Granddad and Pawpaw (in no particular order). Then he decides he wants to go for a ride in the car. Neither of us have had breakfast and both of us are still in our pajamas. I have made the mistake of telling him that we'll go in the car later, and for the next hour(s), he berates me with his request for "car, car!". So now I just tell him "no".
Fast forward to us actually leaving the house with the intent of riding in the car. Nathan runs to the driveway and down the front walk, where he stands, or picks up sticks or looks at the dirt. The "car, car!" that was so imperative 5 seconds before has been forgotten in his love of the outdoors. Since by this time I have come up with a legitimate reason to go for a car ride, I have to work on convincing him he really does want to hop into the car with me (or I just grab him if I'm not up for the discussion).
Then we make two turns and are almost out of the neighborhood when Nathan begins his new chant: "out, out, out!"
Here's from after strawberry picking when Nathan chanted "out, out, out" all the way home. The first half of the video is Nathan wanting to see/hold the video camera (aka Brian's phone), but then we remind him what he really wanted...
Back To School Night - Germantown Hills, IL (2016)
10 years ago




OK, this is one of the funniest ones yet. Now I know why you want me to ride with you to Knoxville and back in a few weeks! lol I'll try to bring a neat new stick with me--no need for pricy toys these days.
ReplyDelete