Sunday, September 18, 2011

These Days…

1. Nathan loves to say “excuse me”, especially to inanimate objects.  This cracks me up!!  For example, the other morning he decided he wanted to sit on one of the dining chairs, but on it were the remains of his breakfast (sippy cup, plate of prunes and bowl of milk from his cereal).  I heard him say, “ ‘Scuse me milk.  ’Scuse me prunes.  ‘Scuse me bowl.” as he picked up each item and placed it on the table.  He also does this for people and the cats.  If I’m in the way of a kitchen cabinet he wants to open, I hear “ ‘Scuse me Mama!” or if the cats are in the way of his lawn mower, he’ll say “ ‘Scuse me Oreo.”    So adorable!!  It makes me smile every time!

2.  As of yesterday, Nathan’s lawn mower doesn’t “pop” anymore and thankfully he hasn’t noticed that anything is different.  This just shows to me how much he's been using it over the past weeks and months.  It is a win for Mommy because it means The Sound of Independent Play is just a tiny bit quieter!

3. We bought a new alarm clock for Nathan’s room.  It’s one that lights up yellow during the night (to act as a nightlight) and then turns green at a preset time to let him know when its ok to get up.  I heard about it from a friend at playgroup and decided to give it a try for Nathan and I think its going to be a wonderful success!!  Its actually been put to the test a lot during the past week and a half since we got it because Nathan’s on one of his “wake up early” phases.  Right now I have to go into his room and remind him that when the clock is yellow, it means he needs to stay in his crib and go back to sleep.  But I love hearing his excited exclamation of “Green!” when he’s been awake, patiently awaiting the color change.  Hopefully by the time the baby comes, I won’t have to go into his room at all in the mornings if he wakes up early.  What a wonderful thing that would be! 

1 comment:

  1. As usual, I'm laughing out loud as I read. I need to come back soon!...He wasn't doing the Scuse me when I was there last week.
    I told his PaPaw about recognizing the restaurant where he went with you 2 and Jenny! Amazing that he pays such attention to where you're driving! I still can hardly believe it. Gran

    ReplyDelete