The weather has been so beautiful the past few weeks the kids and I have practically been living outside in the afternoons (mornings are usually reserved for running errands, house chores and playgroup). And it seems whenever I grab my camera to take a few pictures, I get some great ones. It must be something about the beautiful sunshine and the new spring growth!
Gran came to visit for two nights last week, and everyone had a great time. Sarah was cuddled and loved, Nathan got to "ride on Gran SHOUL-der" lots, and Brian and I got to see "The Hunger Games" one night and went out for ice cream the second night.
But yes, Gran's SHOUL-ders, were the hit of the visit for Nathan. He and Gran would take trips around the yard collecting leaves, then Gran would put him down and send him on an errand to find and pick a flower for her and then back up onto her shoulders he went. It will be a sad, sad day for him when he gets too heavy for Gran!
The day I took Sarah's 20 week pictures, I figured it was time to get a new shot of Nathan. But my subject was not feeling cooperative. No smiles, looking around at everything except the camera... but finally I got a decent one! (Come to think of it, I think we told him that he couldn't get back on Gran's SHOUL-der until he gave me a smile for the camera!)
Another day I decided we were long overdue for a good mother-daughter picture, and Brian got some good ones even though it was time for Sarah to go to bed!
Two nights ago I started putting together a new blog header and was short one great picture, so last night I decided to try my luck for a new sibling picture. Nathan told me "no!" he did not want to come over next to Sarah and take a picture (he and Daddy were working on his power wheels), but then to my surprise he ran over and posed for me! My two sweet kiddos, I love them so much!
Back To School Night - Germantown Hills, IL (2016)
10 years ago









Great pictures and story! I made the top collage my new Wallpaper! Gran
ReplyDelete