We got a wonderful surprise during our visit to Knoxville - Uncle Joe and Aunt Suzi were in town visiting Grandmother and Granddaddy! We got to sit with them Sunday morning at church and then I invited our family over to Granddaddy and Grandmother's for dinner so that we would have more time to visit. Here we are all visiting in the kitchen before dinner...
Brian always loves talking to Granddaddy and hearing his stories. Nathan always loves sitting in his special booster seat!
I thought this one was super cute of Aunt Suzi and Sarah (hope you agree Aunt Suzi!)
We had a wonderful evening of catching up, playing with the kids and eating yummy Pasta with Sage and Browned Butter. The pasta was so good that I begged Carroll to share some of the sage she was growing, and made the dish twice in one week after we got home from our trip!
Also while we were in Knoxville, Nathan used a land-line phone for the first time in his life. I needed to call Grandmother one day and thought Nathan would be interested in talking to her on David and Carroll's home phone. Boy was he ever! He chatted with her for a while, and then wanted back on before I finished the call. Another time he got upset when I hung up the phone and he hadn't gotten (another) chance to say "good-bye" to Grandmother. And since then, Nathan has started having long conversations with his grandmothers on my phone. No more speaker phone for him, he's a big boy now. I love listening to his sides of the conversations and hearing what about his day he wants to talk about.
Whew, I think that wraps up the Knoxville trip pictures and memories. We certainly had a great time seeing all our family and making all sorts of fun memories!
Back To School Night - Germantown Hills, IL (2016)
10 years ago







From Aunt Karen: Good to see all of you together! What fun you had. Love Natan in his booster seat. Getting so big. Can't wait to play with him!
ReplyDelete