Sarah turned eight months old last week! I took a look at Nathan's eight month pictures to confirm, and yes, Sarah has MUCH more hair then Nathan did at this age!
Sarah is pulling to standing everywhere - on the loveseat, on any stool she can find, on the mirrors in our bedroom (and sometimes gives kisses to the baby in the mirror) and on the glass front door (especially when Nathan goes outside and they play together on either side of the door). We've had to re-institute locking the gate between the living room and sun porch so Sarah doesn't take a tumble down the step, and Nathan is always alert and ready to sound the alarm if she gets too close and the gate's open. We have to be careful of the kitchen trashcan, which will fall over if she tries to pull up on it (yuck!), so I usually block it with the open step stool. Sarah also likes to pull up on the sugar and flour tins on the floor of the pantry, which are NOT stable enough and she's gone down more then once, so Nathan and I team up and try to keep those doors closed as well.
I see that getting good sibling pictures are going to be hard for a while. Between a mobile little girl, a little boy that likes to make faces instead of smiling for the camera, lots of drool (Sarah) and runny noses (both kids this week), not to mention just trying to get both of them looking at the camera at the same time, it can be tough going. But I didn't give up and got these two cute ones!
Just to let you know, I took these pictures this morning and got them up and posted tonight. I haven't been this on top of blog stuff in months!
Update on swimming stuff: After swim lessons last Saturday morning, Nathan current comfort level was quickly revised by yours truly. Nathan with life vest = fish in water. Nathan without life vest = death hold and lots of fussing. I'm ordering a life vest for this kid for our upcoming beach trip!
Back To School Night - Germantown Hills, IL (2016)
10 years ago







From Aunt Karen: Adorable picture of Sarah and precious pictures of sibling love. Their smiles are very similar. We appreciate your tenacity in getting good pictures. Adorable! I can't wait to see these two cuties in a couple of weeks! Love to all.
ReplyDeleteThose are 2 Very Cute Pictures! Love the story...must see them soon! Gran
ReplyDelete