From the first, Sarah wasn't thrilled with the snow. She was ok while I was holding her, but then I set her down on the ground...
Nathan had been super excited about eating snow, since he remembered the video from last winter of him eating snow. I'm not quite sure that it lived up to his expectations, though!
It did make him smile, so it couldn't have been all bad. Unfortunately, Nathan was also super excited about building a snow man, but since the snow was basically ice it would not pack together at all. But I assured him that we would build snowmen when we were in Boston. "Lots and lots?" Yes, son, we will have plenty of snow to build lots and lots of snowmen while we're there!
How about now, Sarah? Are you having fun yet?
*I'm not amused, Mama!*
*I may be waiting patiently until you're done taking pictures, but don't expect me to cooperate!*
*Nope, the hat doesn't improve my mood at all. But at least people might know now that I'm a girl!*
"Nathan, how about a smile for the camera?"
"Nathan, can I get a picture of you and Sarah together?" (The back to the camera is totally on purpose!)
In summary, the snow was a bust as far as eating and snowman building goes. It was a bust as far as kiddos having fun goes. It was a bust as far as cute pictures of kids pretending to have fun goes. All around a big bust!
BUT! We are forecasted to have a wintry mix tonight, so maybe tomorrow we'll have a second chance at snow fun. And I'll have the ace up my sleeve as well - Daddy will be around!












I'm sitting here laughing out loud at your captions and the kids' expressions. Fun post! GranFran
ReplyDelete