Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Weekend Escape, Part 1

Nothing like reading a 1,000-ish page book last week to put most other extra-curricular activities on hold!  And although I already have checked out the next book in the series, I'm going to try and catch up on some things before I dive into it. 

Brian had a "black" weekend in early February - 24 hour call shifts on Friday and Sunday.  Yuck!  So we took the opportunity to invite Gran to come with us to Grandmother and Granddaddy's house for the weekend! 

Of course, the four generations picture!  Nathan was a champ at trying to get Sarah to smile and/or look at the camera, but she didn't seem to be in the picture taking mood that afternoon.

Then Nathan decided it was his turn to take a picture of the family.  He's actually getting pretty good at getting faces in the pictures these days!


Per usual, I didn't take as many pictures as I had hoped with Grandmother and Granddaddy.  But I did pull out the camera again Monday morning before we hit the road.  The kids and I got the car packed and then were enjoying a mild day outside while we were waiting on Gran and Grandmother to return from an early morning appointment.

Sarah was having a lot of fun throwing the rocks from the path behind the house.  I think she's going to be a sporty little girl, just like her mama!

Looking for sea shells in the rocks.

Nathan was thrilled when Grandmother shortened her walking stick so Nathan could use it! 

He also was proud to show off the artwork that he had worked on in the car.


I tried to take some self-portraits with both kids, but could not manage to get Nathan's whole face in the frame!

My sweet girl!

Then Nathan took over the camera for a while and got these two nice shots!


And, of course, one with my buddy!

3 comments:

  1. Love my new Desktop Background with the 2 children. Growing up!!
    Gran

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the pic of just you KT!! you look fab!!! the kids are adorbs! xo!

    ReplyDelete