Here are the few iphone photos that I also took during our stay in Knoxville.
The kids and I spent the day Saturday at Nana and Grand Dad's house since Gran, Grandmother and Granddaddy had errands to run. We spent the morning hanging out at the house then headed to the playground after naps. It was a beautiful day to be outside!
Granddaddy was working on a new project carving Moravian stars (how appropriate, right!) and the whole weekend Nathan was carrying around a small star that Granddaddy had carved as practice. Much to our delight, Granddaddy gave it to Nathan after burning Nathan's initials into the wood.
Other Memories:
The coo-coo clock was a big hit with both kids for the first time. We would all wait in eager anticipation of it going off, usually accompanied by the maniacal laughter of Nathan.
Someone got The Bumper Book out and I listened, as waves of nastalgia rolled over me, to Grandmother reading to Nathan "A was once an apple pie...". Then randomly I was blog hopping and saw that this poem has been published in its own book! There's now a copy on the way to our house!
The pool table was a big hit once again, and this time Sarah was old enough to join in with the fun. She and Nathan took turns standing on the piano bench at the side of the table or on the foot stool at the ball return. Her favorite part was dumping the balls back into the pockets!
Nathan discovered a box full of "treasurers" in the playroom closet and he and Sarah had a blast playing with them. There were some little colored birds that Nathan really liked, which accidentally made their way home with us (in my pockets!). Sarah's favorite part was shaking out all the little bits and pieces onto the table and then loading them back into the tin so they could be shaken out all over again!
Back To School Night - Germantown Hills, IL (2016)
10 years ago







Sweet! I'm going to look around for a few more tiny "treasures". I loved that little treasure box as a child. Gran
ReplyDelete