Wednesday, June 12, 2013

This and That (May Edition)

Here are a few random pictures from May to share, just because...
 
Nathan and I routinely  have differing opinions about his outfit choices.  Most of the time I like to let him just wear what he picks out, because I WANT him to pick out and put his clothes on by himself (much easier in the mornings for Mama).  But sometimes I just cringe.  Usually when he wants to wear his church shoes with his play clothes and especially when he picks out ridiculous socks to complete the outfit.  Thankfully after this picture, I remembered to confiscate his long white socks so he won't have the chance to repeat this fashion faux pas.  I'll return them when the Boston winter is upon us!

Nathan and Sarah decided that the Pilot needed a little work done one afternoon!

Our favorite cart at Harris Teeter is the red racecar cart.  There are two blue and one red racecar carts, and always before getting to the store Nathan discusses with me which cart he wants and tells me "we'll see" if the red one is there for us to use (that's my typical caveat when we discuss plans, so that he is reminded that things don't always go like he envisions).  Lately he likes to make sure he's sitting on the right side of the cart (not sure where that came from).  The cart discussion also happens at any store with special kids carts: Target, Walmart, Lowes, etc.

Unfortunately he didn't want to cooperate with picture taking in his most favorite of carts.

Nathan and Sarah both love to play with cars and a favorite place for Nathan to line them up is on the oven handle.  This particular morning the kids ran back and forth and back and forth between the kitchen and Nathan's room, carrying one or two cars back to the kitchen at a time.  Sarah puts her cars on "her" shelf in the pantry, while Nathan carefully selects and lines up his cars on the handle.  Sarah usually generously lets him pick cars from her stash to complete his line, but inevitably he gets to the last car and there's only about half a car's length space left on the handle.  What's a guy to do?!

1 comment:

  1. From Aunt Karen: It's funny that Nathan doesn't get that church shoes are for church! He goes with what he wants. I too had the knack for wearing the wrong season clothes. So she gave me two choices only: this or that. I vaguely remember this but she loved telling me the story when Kevin would want to wear inappropriate clothes. Love all those cars. In cleaning out Kevin's room last week (obviously hadn't been done in many years) we found a lot of hot wheel cars, heavy construction equipment, a school bus, trucks, a double-decker bus Joe got in the UK, etc. Kevin wants to give them all to Nathan and Sarah once you move to TN (or when you say). Also, I found a hot wheels car carrying case that Kevin's godparents gave him. It's full of cars too and Kevin wants Nathan to have them. There is a bag full of Beenie Babies that both children may like. Of course, it's all up to you. Love and miss you all!

    ReplyDelete