I saw this art project idea on Pinterest forever and a year ago and it has been one of Nathan's absolutely favorites. And once I figured out that I could "cook" the dough dry in the microwave or (even better) the oven, rather then sitting for days out on the counter, Mommy learned to love this too.
I bought some smallish "cake decorating" squeeze bottles and into them I mix 1/4 cup flour, 1/4 cup salt, 1/4 cup water and food coloring. Then the kids go to town squeezing the paint and decorating their papers, which I quickly learned to place on dollar tree cookie sheets to contain the mess and make the artwork easy to bake. We currently only have three squeeze bottles (too busy with life to make a run out to the nearest craft store for more), so they put their orders in for a first round of colors, then I make as many more rounds as they're attention span (or overflowing papers) can handle!
The problem that I have (first world parenting problem!) is what to do with the artwork when they're done with it. The pictures turn out so HEAVY that I knew there was no way I could keep them. And the weight problem also eliminated them as candidates to mail to grandparents. But I wanted some way to remember this favorite art project of the kids'... so the camera and tripod to the rescue!
Here's our amusing photo montage:
Back To School Night - Germantown Hills, IL (2016)
10 years ago















Hahaha! I love the ending sequence in particular--1st the adorable Sarah is missing, then the amusing Momma! Then Mom disappears leaving the charming Nathan! Mimi
ReplyDelete