Wednesday, March 12, 2014

More "Warm" Days!

This past weekend we had another "warm" (in the 40s) day on Saturday. We decided to scope out both of the nearest parks, the T park and Emerson Gardens (our "regular" park). As of Saturday we still had lots of snow on the ground...

... though there were also big puddles of snow melt that the kids and I got to stomp through in our boots.  Daddy doesn't have rain boots, so he was relegated to the sidelines.  And unfortunately I realized that one of my boots has a leak in it as I was standing in a pretty deep puddle of ice water.  But since Sarah was still intent on stomping through the water, and I wanted to make sure she didn't fall over and get soaked, I just had to grin and bear it. 


The play equipment at the T park, however, was clear and dry enough to play, which we did for a while.  But then we decided to walk over and scope out Emerson Gardens.  Still swamp like - bummer!


Fortunately the baby swings were on ground that was a bit dryer and then kids swung for forever!


So far this week temperatures have been mostly above freezing and the one snow we did get was melted by mid-day.  We are supposed to get rain/sleet/snow tonight and tomorrow, but then there's more warm weather to come so maybe (hopefully) it will all melt/dry quickly.

1 comment:

  1. Katie,
    I suppose Brian was "relegated" to the sidelines, not regulated!! :)
    or maybe his fellowship is more strict than I thought!!
    Love you.....Dad

    ReplyDelete