The kids love our weekly storytime at the library. I've been trying to remember to video the kids as they do their favorite songs, but unfortunately last week when I though of it Sarah was in a bit of a funk and needed to be held the whole time. I really want to get her doing the "Two Little Blackbirds" rhyme that she loves so much, since we also have a video of me doing as a little girl. But I was able to get Nathan doing "5 Little Mice". I love watching his face as he concentrates so hard on holding his hand like a cat.
The words are "5 little mice went out to play, gathering crumbs along the way, out came a pussy cat sleek and fat, *SNAP*, 4 little mice went scampering back..."
We had a warm Saturday a few weeks ago and I knew we NEEDED to get out of the apartment. I thought we might be able to do some playing at the park if we wore our boots, but after scootering down there I realized that there was even more to this winter thing that I still had to learn. When you have over a foot of snow that's melting, all the water has to go somewhere and the ground gets saturated pretty fast. And unfortunately, in the case of our park, this means the snow-melt ends up pooling very deeply all around the play equipment. Thankfully the kids were entertained by scooting back and forth through a large puddle on a sidewalk, so we were able to stay out and enjoy the "warm" weather (almost 50 degrees) after all!
Every morning at breakfast I am serenaded with the kids' adaptation of "There Was Once a Crooked Man".
This one cracks Brian and me up. Sarah says "lemon" as "women", so we like to give her a hard time about it.
Back To School Night - Germantown Hills, IL (2016)
10 years ago




No comments:
Post a Comment