We have a lot of special family and friends with birthdays this month. To get us all started was Gran's birthday this past weekend. The kids and I headed over to the lake house on Saturday evening (Brian was on call) to celebrate with Gran and Pawpaw. Per Gran's request (I told her she had to let us make her a birthday cake), the kids and I baked and decorated a cookie cake for her. They had never heard of a cookie cake before, but it certainly was a big hit! Sarah helped me with the whole cake, Nathan joining in when it was time to crack the egg and dump the flour into the dough. Then after the cake was baked, they helped me pick out and mix the two colors of icing and applied the sprinkles to the cake. A pretty festive result, I think!
Gran had mentioned to me earlier in the week how they don't usually make a big deal out of her birthday, but I told her that one of my goals now that we're living so close to family is that we can and should start making them a big deal! So hooray for a first fun birthday this month!
Back To School Night - Germantown Hills, IL (2016)
10 years ago






No comments:
Post a Comment