Friday, October 31, 2014

October Birthday Extravaganza: Grandmother's Birthday

Yikes - I can't believe another month has flown by!  Its been a good one, full of fun birthdays, Halloween preparation, fall celebrations, vacations and visits with family.  Maybe November will slow down some so I can catch up on blog posts??  I feel like a broken record about not being able to keep up...  Oh well!

We went to visit Grandmother the day before her birthday bring her presents and a cookie cake.  The kids were so excited about making her lots of "gifts."  Nathan drew "a picture of Grandmother in a doggy costume.  She has on a mask... like a doctor's mask. Those are puppy dog curtains - like a puppy dog on stage."  (I don't have a picture of the completed artwork, and I'm not sure where he came up with the idea for his drawing either!)

Sarah drew pictures of Grandmother and Granddaddy for each of them.  Grandmother "is the one with the hair because girls have hair."  I guess Granddaddy doesn't have enough hair (in her opinion) to warrant adding it onto her drawing.


In addition to their stick-figure pictures, both kids constructed some random, complicated creation that started with coloring page pictures, which were then cut out and pasted on various colors and shapes of foam and then wrapped in some Christmas gift bags that I just happened to find the day before - actually, the same bags that the received their presents from G & G last year!

They were so excited to give Grandmother all their creations immediately after we got to her house!


I baked a pan of (Grandmother's recipe) Chocolate Espresso Bar cookies, so that we would have something to stick candles into.  The kids are still convinced that one doesn't officially turn a year older until the "Happy Birthday" song is sung and candles are blown out.  So I made sure we did that with Grandmother!


Right before we left (and unfortunately just after Granddaddy headed off to bed), I remembered to get a picture of Grandmother with the kids, and was also finally able to get one with Odile (sp?), an old friend of my grandparents who had come for a two week visit from France.  How fun!


No comments:

Post a Comment