Wednesday, November 5, 2014

October Birthday Extravaganza: Nana's Birthday

We had a little break after Grandmother's birthday to gear up for Nana's.  This time I wanted to have a special evening for the birthday girl at our house, so we invited Nana, Granddad, David and Bridget over for hamburgers and cake. 

I had planned on the kids helping me make the cake (since they love to do that kind of thing), but life got in the way (sick Sarah, poor nights sleep for me, car battery dead).  So by the time I got around to making it, my motto was "get it done fast or not at all".  So we settled for the kids (one again) picking out the icing colors and then helping decorate with sprinkles and candles.  This time around we had a yellow cake with chocolate frosting - yum!




Unfortunately I didn't think about getting a family picture with all of us there, but we had a nice dinner together and the kids got even more practice blowing out candles. 

No comments:

Post a Comment