On their last day of preschool before Christmas break, Nathan and Sarah's school put on a Christmas show for all the kids' families. The classes had been practicing for weeks (months?), but neither of the kids had mentioned much to me about it.
On the way to school that morning, Sarah told me that her class (the 2s) was going to sing Jingle Bells. To which Nathan then responded, "No Sarah! The 1s are doing "Jingle Bells", YOUR class is doing "Jingle Bell (Something)" and the threes are doing "Jingle Bell (Something Else)"! And my class is doing TWO songs - "Feliz Navidad" with our maracas and then we are doing the hand motions for "Away in a Manger" but not singing it." Well, Nathan pretty much nailed it on the head as usual!
The three younger classes all got up on stage and rang their jingle bell instruments to some variation of the Jingle Bell song (which was of course adorable, except for the poor kid that cried the whole way through!). I had prepped Sarah that morning so we wouldn't have a repeat of the Halloween Parade, reminding her that she should stay up on stage so I could see her sing her song, NOT run to me. "Yes", she responded, "I'm supposed to stand on the tape until my teacher says to go!" She did great - she smiled almost the whole time and didn't get a bit of stage fright!
Here's Sarah-girl, ringing her bells.
Here's Sarah's whole class, though I think they're missing a few friends (she's second from the left).
And here's a short clip of the performance.
I know I'm biased, but I thought the stars of the whole show were the 4s and 5s! They all sang their hearts out to "Feliz Navidad" and then almost made me cry with their "Away In a Manger" signing!
Here's Nathan, thrilled that he got the BLUE maracas for the performance!
And Nathan's whole class (he's third from the right, with the bright red patch on his jeans!).
And the "Feliz Navidad" video.
And then came the sign-language "Away in a Manger". Nathan nailed the whole thing!
And the video.
Nanthan's class then lead everyone in prayer before we got to enjoy the treats. I loved peeking to see them so intent on their prayer!
And to make the day extra-special, both grandmothers came to enjoy the performance with me! The kids were thrilled to have their own dedicated fan section to congratulate and hug on them when they got done with the show.
Back To School Night - Germantown Hills, IL (2016)
10 years ago












No comments:
Post a Comment