Monday, January 12, 2015

Christmas Morning 2014

On Christmas morning Brian was up and out of the house before the rest of us were awake (typical work day), and I got up a few minutes early so I could get the camera ready to capture the Christmas magic. I forced the kids take a picture on the steps before they got to see if Santa came, but they were fairly cheerful about my request!


First up were the presents that Santa left - a box of chocolate Santa bars for each kid, a Spiderman Lego set and watch for Nathan, a castle and Minny Mouse doll for Sara, plus stockings stuffed full of other fun little toys!


 Skipping straight to opening some family presents - Thomas sticker books and decks of cards from Aunt Karen, Uncle Joe and Kevin. 


The fabulous scarfs that Aunt Karen crocheted for the kids!




Brian gave us a call on Facetime and we were glad to get to get to see and talk to him for a bit that day!


Nathan putting together his Lego Spiderman truck - this was and continues to be a HUGE hit with him.  I had been trying to put off introducing Legos for as long as possible (thinking about choking hazards for the baby and delaying foot injuries for myself), but he was TOTALLY ready for them!


He was single-minded in his determination to put it all together.  He REALLY loved following the instruction book and did a great job with looking at the instructions and figuring out exactly where each piece was supposed to go.  I helped by searching out the pieces he would need for the next step. 


I finally made him pause about halfway through so we could finish eating breakfast - up until that point all the kids had to eat was a Santa chocolate bar and I wanted to get some "real" food in them before they crashed from their sugar high!  At that point I also decided I needed to start getting ready to leave since we were supposed to pick up Grandmother and Granddaddy around 10 and take them to the lake house for Christmas lunch and some family time.

I left Nathan to his own devices while I showered and did my make-up.  What he ended up with by the time I was finished didn't quite match the drawing, but he was fine with that.  Unfortunately he got to a point where each new piece he tried to stick on wold make the whole thing break apart - which led to tears of frustration!  I assured him that we could pack up all the pieces (well, I left some of the tiniest pieces at home to try and prevent losing stuff) and take them with us to Pawpaw and Gran's and he could keep working on it there.  Brian later informed us that putting the wheels on VERY LAST would have prevented most or all of our problems. 


During much of this time, Sarah was busying herself by putting up window clings that Santa had left in her stocking.



Up next time - the rest of Christmas Day at the lake house!

1 comment:

  1. Becky and I loved your Christmas card! Sending you all lots of great excitement for the next few days!
    Lee Ann

    ReplyDelete