Getting close to sitting up!!
So Andrew's passed the five month mark (5 months, 1 week and 3 days based on the blog sidebar). Here's what life's like with this little guy these days:
- Still so cheerful, loves his big siblings and they love him.
- He loves to give "kisses" (and has for a few weeks). Of course, they are the wet, open-mouth kind but we all love them anyways. The kids sometimes refer to them as "baby slime".
- He is SO DISTRACTABLE while nursing. If I speak or someone speaks to me he'll pull off and stare at me wide-eyed, he'll try to turn his head this way and that while still latched on, he will pop on and off during the feeding, he'll pull off just to give me a giant grin, and he's doing this new thing that I don't know what it is but he'll try to turn his head to bury it in my arm... while still latched on of course (ouch!). He also tries to claw his face (ie. rub his eyes) when he's tired, so I do this "dance" with my free hand - hold his hand to keep him from clawing, pop my finger in his mouth to release suction when he's pulling away, put my hand on the back of his head to keep him from pulling away, repeat, repeat, repeat. It can be exhausting!
- He's totally interested in food! And because I just have too much going on in life right now (bouncing between two houses plus swim lessons this particular week), I'm not ready to start with the baby food purees. So... we've just been letting him try different fruits and veggies that we happen to be eating. He was going to town gumming and sucking on an apple slice last night and pitched a fit when Brian accidentally held it too far away from his mouth. He's also tried pears, cucumber and clementine segments (which incidentally are too small/slippery for me to hold with my fingers against the suction he can produce, so I'm going to call that too much of a choking hazard and not try it again for a while).
- Naptime and nighttime sleeping is TERRIBLE these days. I take almost all responsibility because of how messed up his sleeping schedule is most days, but it still is pretty (VERY) frustrating.
- He's rolling from front to back and now more often from back to front. He's grabbing toys that are near him and is scooting (on his belly) around in circles and backwards. He's starting to dislike his rumble seat because he's not sitting up enough!





No comments:
Post a Comment