Monday, August 29, 2011

Nathan's Hair: Almost Lost, but More Saved

I'm trying to go through my half-written blog archives and finish up some posts that I started drafting weeks or months ago, so from a month ago...

We almost lost the lock of hair from Nathan's first haircut.  As you may remember, we cut just the "wings" over his ears and ended up with a very minimal amount of hair to commemorate the occasion.  However I dutifully tucked the clippings away in a ziplock bag to keep as a memento.  The bag contained so little hair that at a glance it really looked like the bag was empty, so multiple times I walked it to the trash can only to realize at the last minute what I was about to throw away (Hair cutting scissors = $10, Home Haircut = Free, First lock of cut hair = Priceless).  Finally I got smart and  labeled the bag with a sharpie marker, which I hope will prevent me from trying to throw it away again.

But all this left me with the feeling that this lock of hair just wasn't enough.  So at the end of July, when we took the scissors to Nathan's hair for the second time, I saved the clippings as well.  This time Brian did some (relatively) major trimming in the back and around his ears, but there was still no need to cut on the top or across Nathan's forehead.  But at least this time it looks like there's something worth saving in the bag...

1 comment:

  1. HaHa! Especially with pictures of the almost bald baby Nathan slideshow alongside the blog. :D

    ReplyDelete