Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Our First Haircut

The day has finally arrived!  Nathan had enough hair to (kind of) need a hair cut!  The actual amount of hair that we cut was minimal, we really just wanted to trim the "wings" that were forming over his ears, which are nicely backlit in the picture below.


Of course, the plan was to document the trim for posterity's sake.  I was torn between trying to capture it on video and taking pictures, but after this first action shot (where Brian was only combing Nathan's hair and trying to plan is method of attack), we realized the point was moot.  Nathan did not enjoy Daddy even combing his hair, and as soon as Brian approached him with a pair of scissors, we realized the haircut would definitely be a two person job.  So I put down the camera to hold Nathan in my lap, trying simultaneously to distract him and keep his hands away from his ears.  (I'm also guessing that cutting his hair just after he fell in the sunporch and busted his lip wasn't the most optimal timing, either. Note the blood still oozing from his bottom lip!)


Here is the first cut from one side (which Brian declared that he had cut a little short, but its not noticeable). Look at that amazing lock of hair!


This awesomely attractive shot of Nathan is an attempt at an "after" shot with his wings gone.


Here is the grand total of hair from Nathan's first haircut. Well, I think Brian dropped a little bit on the floor, but you take what you can get. I put it in a zip lock baggie to save (mainly so we can look back and chuckle at how little hair earned the momentus title of "first haircut").


So even though I didn't get a good after picture, I just want to say that I definitely notice a difference when I look at Nathan even if Brian doesn't (though he was the one that decided the haircut was necessary). I think its because I would try to finger-comb the wings behind Nathan's ears when we went out in public, but now when I glance at him all his hair is in place.

2 comments:

  1. Glad to hear he was blinking--not a black eye. Cute pics! Gran

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok guys...to not get that "sign up for blogger" page, sign the comment and comment as Anonymous.

    ReplyDelete