Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Catching Up: Visit with Gran and Papaw

Papaw and Gran came for a visit one weekend in August. We were so glad to see them! IMG_5415-1
The sad part is that two months ago for my pregnancy-affected brain equals practically a lifetime, so I don't remember much about the visit except for what was captured in these pictures... 08 August4-1
The weather was nice (for August), and we all spent time outside Saturday afternoon. After lots of being pushed on the swing, Nathan moved on to water fun with Papaw! We got the wading pool out, but Nathan was much more interested in having Papaw fill his cup up with the hose and then dumping it on the ground. He started by dumping it right next to the pool and Papaw, or in his water wheel toy, but gradually he would traipse farther and farther away to deposit the water on various parts of the yard. Unfortunately, this very specific watering plan of Nathan's didn't save our backyard from crisping up by the end of summer, but it certainly kept him entertained for quite a long time.

If I remember correctly, Brian was on Saturday call that weekend, so Nathan and I really were even more excited then usual to have company come visit. Mom and I spent our evenings working on projects - definitely sewing the crib skirt for the baby's room and I think also starting work on the new curtains now hanging in Nathan's room. During her one visit since then, we also sewed the crib bumper for the baby's room and hemmed Nathan's curtains.  I still have decorating projects I'd like to do for both rooms, but with Mom's help, we definitely got the biggest sewing projects completed!

No comments:

Post a Comment