You may or may not know that Brian has a unique ability to find four leaf clovers. He can glance down at a patch of clover in the yard and usually find one almost immediately. According to Wikipedia, approximately 1 in every 10,000 covers have four leaves, yet they seem to leap out of the patch and into Brian's hands. Within the past few months, Brian has upped the ante by finding (on separate occasions) 2 five leaf clovers! I, however, don't think I've ever found a four leaf clover on my own and it takes me five minutes for me to find one with Brian's help ("In this patch right here... maybe look closer to the edge..."). You obviously know where I'm going with this...
Because Nathan always sees Brian picking (four leaf) clovers and presenting them to me, he likes to pick clovers for me as well. Some days I accumulate quite a collection of special clovers from Nathan. One day last month I was inside putting Sarah to bed and Nathan runs in with a clover for me. And I am AMAZED to realize that it has four leaves! I grab the clover and the camera and ask if I can take a picture of Nathan with the clover. I ask him to count the number of leaves...
His answer was three, which I'll give him credit is almost always the right answer.
And a close up...
Then we played "chase-es" where I chased Nathan around the yard on his four wheeler.
Daddy got home and I told him the incredible news. He was able to pull a switch-a-roo and brought the four leaf clover inside to press and keep for posterity. That first four leaf clover is definitely going in Nathan's memory box! (UPDATE: Apparently the clover has been lost out of the daily Bible where Brian pressed it. Thankfully I still have the pictures as proof!)
Back To School Night - Germantown Hills, IL (2016)
10 years ago









No comments:
Post a Comment