Nathan has (halleluiah!) successfully completed another potty training milestone! I'll let him tell you a little about it!
It actually happened the week that I finally "gave up" on him. No more asking/convincing/pleading/forcing him to sit on the potty when the time came, although I did tell him that he had to do his business in the bathroom so he wouldn't stink up the whole house. Then one day he just asked, and after we sat for about 20 minutes, finally success! I may or may not have had a tear in my eye when Nathan and I went to tell Daddy the exciting news.
A few weeks ago I told Nathan that we would take him out to get special ice cream as a reward, but because Brian happened to be home that day, we went even bigger! Nathan chose to go play at the mall, then onto the food court for dinner and THEN to get ice cream. At the food court, I told Nathan some of the options for dinner and his request was pizza, fries and rice. Yummmm, carbs! So I got teriyaki chicken and rice, Brian had pizza and we ordered a kids meal with chicken nuggets and french fries for Nathan, and we all shared. Then (as you saw in the video) on to get blue ice cream for Nathan, who ate the whole bowl. Congrats, big boy! We are all so proud of you!
Back To School Night - Germantown Hills, IL (2016)
10 years ago




Hurrah!!
ReplyDeleteGran & PawPaw
From Aunt Karen: Hooray for Nathan! What a big boy. Let's hope he continues to prove that with every "event". Nice that you're treating him to something special. It seems he loves looking around at the people at the mall. That in itself seems like a treat. PawPaw will have to give Nathan a lesson and show him the McDonald technique of eating ice cream! It's annoying actually...according to Joe. ha
ReplyDelete