Friday, April 26, 2013

What In the World's Been Going on All April

Mostly the reason that my posts have been so infrequent lately is that we've had a crazy April!

Week 1
The first week of April was spring break for Nathan (we had beautiful weather to enjoy, I think) then a quick weekend visit with Gran and Pawpaw.  Brian's rotation this month is CT surgery (cardio-thorasic) and thankfully had a pretty easy week, getting home before dinner every night.

Week 2
Reality hit us the second week of April.  Lots of call for Brian, many late nights at work, missing some kids' bedtimes and even more family dinners. Brian had call Saturday, Monday, Friday, Sunday, Tuesday.  In the middle of his black call weekend (Friday/Sunday), we got a babysitter and headed to the roller rink for 80's night with our church young adult/young families group.  One of us dressed up for the occasion (Mom!  Look!  The side ponytail that you always loved on me!)  Oh yeah, we also finally rented a storage unit so that we can start making better progress on sorting/storing/donating/packing our belongings for our move that's coming all too soon.  Two loads of boxes and belongings later, the basement was in much better shape for our house guests coming the next week.  AND we're trying to finish up house projects and decluttering so that we can put our house on the market very soon!


Week 3
This week was more late nights for Brian while I was juggling organize/baking for/running a bake sale at the hospital for the Resident Spouse's Association (thankfully, my last one ever).  The day after the sale I hosted a sewing party at my house (the first of some unknown number to come) with Brian's female co-residents and spouses to hand craft some gifts for his class to give to their attending physicians.

Next my attention turned to Jennie's wedding weekend.  When I first found out the date of the wedding, I immediately called my mom and booked her as my all-weekend babysitter, and it was such a relief and a help to have her here.  This past Friday I got to have breakfast with Sarah Branch, who was back in town for the wedding.  Then Friday afternoon/night was the rehearsal and basically all day Saturday I was gone for the wedding.  The Mastroiannis also arrived at the house Saturday afternoon after I had already left the house.  Sunday was church, a nap (thank goodness!) and then an afternoon at the park with our family, Melissa and the kids (while Dom was still trying to sleep off  the stomach bug).  Sunday night I finally got my first chance to really visit with Dom and Melissa and us four adults had a really great time together.  Melissa got sick Monday morning so Dom and I wrangled the kids that morning before they left for the airport after lunch.

Week 4
I don't count this week as really starting until Monday afternoon as the kids and I eased back into our usual routine by heading to the library for the afternoon.  Tuesday morning was school for Nathan, but except for dropping him off and picking him back up I spent the day at home recovering from all the crazyness of the past two weeks.  Wednesday was a trip back to the wedding venue to pick up the stroller that Dom and Melissa had accidentally left at the wedding but didn't have time to get before their flight on Monday.  They graciously offered for me to keep it if I went and got it (best hostess gift ever - thanks guys!), then that afternoon the kids and I headed to the mall since I had been promising Nathan for WEEKS that we would go.  Thursday was preschool for Nathan, errand running for Sarah and me, more sewing in the afternoon and a rough call night for Brian.  And once again, most of the week was late nights for Brian. But now the bright light at the end of the tunnel - a week for vacation for Brian starting today.  HOORAY!

1 comment:

  1. Nice job capturing the highlights! Haha about the side ponytail! Good for retro dressup though. Mom

    ReplyDelete