To give you the background as to why some of her favorite new words are "fire truck" and "ambulance", let me explain a little. One of the many cool things about our apartment is that we're at the intersection of two pretty well traveled roads and we are less then 1 mile away from the Longwood Medical Complex (home to Boston Children's Hospital, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center and Brigham and Women's Hospital, to name the big three), so we get lots of ambulance traffic down our streets. I'm talking at least 15-20 a day, if not more! We are also right in between two fire stations so we also see fire trucks zooming down the street multiple times a day. Also the the Brookline Police Headquarters is right down the road, so we see the occasional police car zoom by as well. By now the kids have gotten pretty good at identifying the type of emergency vehicle approaching by the sound of the siren. Thankfully, all the emergency vehicles are really good about NOT running their sirens at night time - because that would make us all MAJORLY cranky!
* * *
I really enjoy some of the traditional liturgy (I think that's the right terminology) that our church has as part of its service. As prayer requests are taken from members during services and those requests prayed over, the congregation ends each prayer together saying "Lord, hear our prayer." Then when all the prayer requests are finished, the congregation prays the Lord's Prayer together. So naturally I was eager for Nathan to memorize it and be able to say it along with the rest of the congregation. It is the longest passage of scripture that we've worked with him to memorize, but he had the whole thing learned within just two or three weeks and now proudly says the prayer with the rest of the congregation. And now I finally have it on video to share!
* * *
We've become friendly with one of our upstairs neighbors, a young lady from Virginia who's in Boston studying to become a rabbi. She's super friendly and great with the kids, and she and I have had some really nice conversations. One day when we happened to meet her in the common foyer of our building, Nathan asked her what her apartment number was. She told him and asked what ours was. He responded "Twenty-two seven." And I chuckled and commented how sevens and "L"s do look alike, just turned upside down. Well, when we walked up to our apartment that day I realized for the first time that the "22L" on our door is actually "22" with an upside-down "7" as the "L". I was floored!




love it! But 1 word: terminology
ReplyDeleteSoooo cute!!!
ReplyDelete