Thursday, December 19, 2013

Snow Fun and "Eber and Eber Amen"

Well, its been so long since I've posted videos to the blog, I figured I'd better share a few more!

This first one is of the kids playing in the snow on Wednesday morning after all the powdery stuff had fallen.  I had just showed the kids how to make a snow angel:



The next one was just too cute not to share, but first let me give a little background.  The church that we attend here is not a completely traditional "Church of Christ" congregation.  For one thing we say the Lord's Prayer together every Sunday.  Early on I worked with Nathan so that he could learn the words and say them with the rest of the congregation.  Then when Nana and Grand Dad were visiting we noticed that Sarah was reciting along somewhat - mainly she was saying some of the bigger words like "trespasses" and "temptation" and the super-cute "ebil" for "evil".  However she wouldn't recite the prayer aloud when asked, we would only catch her sometimes whispering along at church or when Nathan would recite it at home.  Fast forward to a few weeks ago and I resumed working on memory verses with Nathan, and now by default Sarah.  Mostly she just listens while Nathan and I practice, though she always wants to be holding one or more of the index cards that I have the verses printed on.  She knows Genesis 1:1 already - I'm pretty sure I have to give credit to an Ipod video of Nathan reciting the verse for her knowledge!  The other verse that she would attempt to recite was the Lord's Prayer.  Now after a few weeks of practice she totally impresses me with how well she can recite that long passage with some tough words.  It was too great not to video and share!  I added subtitles to help everyone else understand what she's saying.

2 comments:

  1. From Aunt Karen: Sarah's Our Father is so precious. It actually brought tears to me eyes. She's so determined and I love how she emphasizes the right words or syllables. I won't be ebil so I can go to heben someday! Adorable! And I love then snow angels. Nathan does it so well! Love to all. I miss you all dearly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO cute! Now I know why they were reclining in the snow! Gran

    ReplyDelete