Saturday Brian was on call and it snowed ALL DAY LONG (3.3 inches) and then ALL NIGHT LONG (another 5.9 inches) followed by morning rain on Sunday. The rain packed down the snow and turned a thick top layer to ice. The treck to church was an adventure with the kids - no modified stroller to make my life easier anymore! I ended up carrying Sarah in the sling which she enjoyed and also significantly speeded up our walk to church. Nathan kept getting sidetracked by stomping through snowdrifts on our way home, so I offered to push back the kids' naps so we could get bundled up and play in the snow at the park. Brian decided that he was rested enough to get up and come with us. Even though the snow wasn't build-able, we all had fun anyways!
Brian and Nathan LOVE to eat snow! Brian discovered that if he could pull up a hunk of icey snow, the underneath part had good powder for licking. So there was lots of this from him and Nathan. Sarah and I not so much...
I did make a run to the grocery store on Sunday afternoon while the kids were napping since Brian and I figured the roads would be the clearest they would be for the next few days (it had gotten above freezing but wasn't supposed to again for the next few days, plus more snow in the forecast).
Today (Tuesday) it began snowing again. The kids and I had to run out to the post office to mail some Christmas gifts. I thought it would be a fun walk in the snow with them but it turns out that Sarah is super sensitive about getting snow in her eyes, which makes her very fussy! We tried to put sunglasses on to protect her eyes, but they kept slipping down her nose as she looked down to watch her steps. This also made her very fussy! (The fact that it was basically nap time probably added to her grumpyness! Or it could have been that the temp was about 20F but it felt like 4F!)
The traffic tonight was terrible, this is what the street looked like from our window. Brian and I guess the plows weren't running due to rush hour traffic? Anyways, Brian said that he saw traffic backed up for miles on his way home.
This is some of what Brian saw on his treck home.
Think it might have been a cold walk? Well, not after he helped push two different cars that were stuck in the snow.
Whew, winter's sure off to a fun start! Nothing like baptism by













Gran says: "OH MY!"
ReplyDeleteNeed a veil or some swim goggles or an elastic strap for Sarah.