*Sigh*... October...
Sarah loves to clomp around the house on Sundays in my high heels!
Sarah joined me on a milk run to the convenience store across the street.
The kids eating consolation doughnut after their flu shots.
Sarah "helping" by holding the mixer while we were making Nana's birthday cake. I usually hold the mixer down when I'm mixing/kneading bread dough because the mixer jumps around so much, so she thinks the mixer always needs a hand on top to support it! We do talk every time though about how our hands only go on top, not near the mixing paddle.
Whenever we hear a siren outside our house, Nathan and Sarah both love to predict which kind of emergency vehicle will be driving by. Sarah usually thinks its a fire truck and Nathan usually predicts an ambulance. And even after the emergency vehicle passes, they refuse to admit when their prediction was wrong! Brian also noticed and mentioned to me that the emergency vehicles around here use lots of non-standard siren noises - maybe because there are so many of them in this city?? Who knows!
Grand Dad and Nana got the kids each an umbrella for their birthday and the kids wanted to take them with us everywhere that week. Within a few days Nathan's was already horribly scuffed at the tip from being dragged around on the sidewalk. And as you've seen from more recent pictures, they are still quite attached to them! Sarah just learned (at the end of November) how to open and close her umbrella by herself.
Sarah has become crazy ridiculous with changing her mind about things and then getting really upset with the results. For example, the other day we got some Chinese takeout and had four crab rangoons for the whole family. She only took one tiny bite out of hers and then REFUSED to eat any more, so finally I asked if she wanted to eat it or if she wanted Mommy to eat it. She said "Mommy eat it", but knowing her I only took one small bite and offered it back to her. She still wasn't interested. So I took another bite, still keeping an eye on her. Nothing. So I finished off the last bite and and almost immediately she looked at me with shock in her eyes and said "me eat it!!!!!" and then proceeded to cry because it was all gone. This was not an isolated incident and causes us grief quite a few times a week.
When Sarah wants to do something herself, she always says "self!" Now Nathan's picked up this saying and will tell us "I want to do it 'self'!".
Nathan and Sarah love to snack on raw bread dough when I make bread. Nathan saw Gran do this probably one time when he was about 1 and ever since then he always expects me to give him some. So now Sarah has decided that she likes raw bread dough too, so she joins in the chorus whenever I'm baking. I do limit them to two bites a piece because I remember Gran lamenting how she would get stomach aches because she would eat too much (I guess the yeast continues to grow inside your stomach?). In related news, Nathan still thinks that anything with raw eggs can't be eaten (ie. cookie dough). So every time we have bread dough, he checks with me to make sure it doesn't have raw eggs in it and I have to assure him there aren't. Someday I'm going to have to come clean that Mommy eats some things with raw eggs in it, but I have no problem waiting until the kids are a little older. In the meantime, I'll just be content to sneak dough when no one's looking or when the kids are asleep! (When Brian and the kids were making my cupcakes the other day Brian tasted the dough and so the kids followed suit. So I guess we've started the slide!)
Back To School Night - Germantown Hills, IL (2016)
10 years ago








From Aunt Karen: I love the chocolate on Sarah's fingers and face while she holds (guards?!) the mixer and batter. Cute pictures. Love to all.
ReplyDelete