Sunday, January 26, 2014

A Few More Snapshots from December

For a long time I've felt guilty/sad that I don't ever print ANY of the thousands of pictures that I take every year. So whenever family members receive pictures in the mail, please know its not just you who almost never have current pictures of the kids, its us too. In fact, when I print for grandparents and other family members, I usually don't add extra prints for us because I don't have a plan for what to do them and I don't need any more clutter in my life. The only exception to the "no prints for our immediate family" is the yearly photo calendar I make for myself - my dear friend Jennie made me one for my birthday a few years ago and since then I've made one for myself and the grandmothers every year for Christmas. The kids LOVE to look at the photo calendar, but they tend to fight over it and/or accidentally tear it down from the fridge so I try to discourage them (which is just sad). So I knew that they would LOVE it if I ever got my act together and figured out a good system for getting prints made and organized for them to look at.

Last week I ran across a blog post talking about the "Project Life" scrapbooking system and after some research I decided that I would spend some Christmas money on the supplies to get started.  I know that I'm currently in the "honeymoon" phase of excitement about a new project, but in the last two days I've gotten most of my pictures from December and January sorted and edited and even resized to print and I'll be picking them up today!  That's 50 prints, which is probably 75 photographs (since I'm printing some of them 2 per page to make them smaller), which is way more photos then I've printed since I stopped trying to turn my blog into a book back in 2010.  (Which I've decided needs to be a whole separate project for me to figure out, though I did finally "back up" my blog for the past year in word documents this week).

All that to say... here are some pictures (mainly from December) that never got up on the blog.  Enjoy!

Starting sometime in December I have been eating salads almost every day for lunch - typically baby spinach and mixed greens, feta, craisins, and walnuts with homemade vinaigrette.  After a couple of days, Sarah asked for a bite and to my surprise really liked it!  So I started sharing my salad with her, every day still surprised that she wanted "more!".  After a much longer time, Nathan asked to try my salad and said he liked it as well!  So for a while I would make us all salads for lunch!  But it turned out that Nathan's interest waned quickly and Sarah ate much better when I fed her from my bowl.


One day Nathan and Sarah decided to use their watercolor paints in a new and exciting way!


The kids still love the Children's Museum!  This day they dressed up in the construction uniform for the first time (hardhats and safety vests) to drive the Bobcat.  There was also a new display of "percussion" instruments, which both kids enjoyed playing for me.


Some favorite books from December (and Nathan helping me document them using the camera on my ipod.)

1 comment:

  1. Just great! And gave me a chance to reread Sarah "just fine reading" again! Gran

    ReplyDelete