So I'll blog about the blizzard later, but I wanted to share some video montages from sledding Saturday afternoon with the family. Thankfully after our first snow a few weeks ago, I drove by some kids sledding on a hill not too far from our house so I knew where a good hill was. We all had tons of fun!
We hadn't bought a sled before the storm, so Brian and I were brainstorming what we had around the house that the kids could use. Brian came up with the idea to use our boogie board, which worked out pretty well. Not knowing how well it would go, we started the kids on the "bunny slope" side of the hill. We had a few false starts but as we learned we also progressed towards the steeper part of the hill.
Brian had spotted some broken sled pieces that had been discarded by someone, so we decided to put the pieces to work for us, which increased the speed (and therefore fun) factor significantly!
After quite a bit of sledding, Sarah lost interest and decided she wanted to play on the playground right next to our sledding hill. Then she decided that her feet hurt (I imagine they were cold), so she and I headed home while the boys continued sledding. I figured Nathan wouldn't last too much longer, but boy was I mistaken! It was almost 45 minutes later when they came through the door. Brian told me that after quite a bit of sledding he asked Nathan how many more times he wanted to go down the hill, to which he replied "11"! It ended up being 12 more runs, then apparently Nathan was so exhausted he wanted Brian to carry him home. His actual words were "I wish we had two Mommies and two Daddies so that someone can carry me home!"
Back To School Night - Germantown Hills, IL (2016)
10 years ago




We're cracking up down here! Great editing too! Gran
ReplyDelete