Friday, January 3, 2014

The Day of Gingerbread, Part 1

Brian was on call one Saturday mid-December so I decided it would be a good day for the kids and I to do some of the pre-Christmas baking projects I had planned.  Unfortunately with Brian's schedule this year there wasn't many days that he could have participated with us, so I figured a long Saturday with the kids was the perfect time to fill the day with Christmas projects.

In the morning we made gingerbread man (boy) cookies.  Nathan and I did this last year after reading "The Gingerbread Boy" which turned into one of Nathan's absolute favorite books.  We had checked it out of the library a few times in NC, so this year I just bought ourselves our own copy before Christmas.  Nathan was thrilled when I pulled it out with the Christmas books!  And he was also thrilled when I proposed that we make our own gingerbread boys to eat.

This is their excited expressions...

I helped Sarah some with the cutting out of the cookies but she didn't want any help putting the raisins on the cookies!



Nathan pretty much had the whole project under control by himself (though I did help with rolling out the dough).  



Excitedly waiting for the cookies to finish baking. 


The finished masterpieces.


Nathan LOVED the cookies but Sarah was underwhelmed.   

After nap the kids and I started work on our gingerbread houses, which I'll post about next time.  

No comments:

Post a Comment