Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Some Things We Did Last Week

I think I mentioned a few weeks ago that one thing I really want to do this year is be better about PRINTING a few of the hundreds and thousands of pictures I take every year.  Because the sad truth is that Nathan and Sarah see almost NONE of the pictures of our family that get posted to this blog.  But has all been changing in the past few weeks.  I hope to give a glimpse of how I'm doing my albums, but I thought in the mean time I'd share the pictures from last week that made it into the weekly spread.

Last Tuesday, I got the greatest present - our of the kids' favorite adults from church (J) offered to come over and hang out with the kids to give me some time by myself.  It was a huge success, the kids were SO excited for him to come over and play with them and I was thrilled to get a chance to do some important yet not urgent errands (not urgent errands are rarely getting done this year), as well as have lunch out by myself (probably the first time I've done that since Nathan was born.)

I had already bought my supplies for my Project Life album and started printing photos to go in it.  What I had not expected was for Nathan to start flipping through the album and asking for a copy of this picture and this picture and this picture...  I though that they would just enjoy looking at the album that I put together (which they are doing), but Nathan wanted his OWN pictures as well.  So, during my morning alone, I stopped by Michaels and picked up a photo album for both Nathan and Sarah.  They were ECSTATIC when I showed the albums to them later that day.  I also bought the kids both new church shoes since Nathan was complaining last Sunday about his shoes hurting (he ended up wearing only one sock to church to make more room for one of his feet).  At bedtime Nathan positioned his new possessions very precisely on a stool beside his bed.  It was pretty funny to watch.


The kids and I went out to play in the snow last Wednesday.  We had about four four inches of snow to play in that morning, out of about 9 total inches we got from that storm.  (Incidentally, almost all of those 9 inches are still on the ground waiting to be added to by the storm tomorrow.)   I realized there was a nice little alcove across the street that gave us just enough room to play for a bit without hiking down to the park. I made sure the kids were equipped with adequate eye protection, since neither of them like snow falling in their eyes.  Baseball caps + sunglasses/goggles = content kiddos. 


We got to see the snowplow go by multiple times and also watched a man use a snowblower to clear the sidewalk beside where we were playing.


Always, always, Nathan's favorite thing to do is eat snow.  He and Brian are two peas in a pod on this.  (Also love this shot with the goggles.)


Thursday morning we walked to the library.  I am continually thankful that we can easily walk to the library, because our stroller/wagon/scooters don't cut it when the sidewalks aren't clear.  And this day was especially nice since both kids were eager to pack their backpacks with books and lighten my load.


Craft time at the library.  Both kids always LOVE craft time and we are usually some of the last people out of the room after storytime. 


On the way home from the library we detoured into the snow next to city hall. 



Friday I decided we needed to take a field trip to the Boston Museum of Fine Arts.  (Look!  We actually went to a museum other then the Children's Museum!)


This was the kids' favorite exhibit - a room full of portraits.  I brought the kids' notebooks and markers so that we could create art while appreciating art.  Surprisingly, my plan was met with enthusiasm by both kids (for a while, at least).



2 comments:

  1. Thank you for taking the time to share these pictures and stories! What joy fills our hearts! Gran

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are enjoying your blog and keeping up with the antics of our favorite former across-the-street neighbors. We were out playing in our own snow this week, but didn't have nearly as much fun as we would have if Nathan and Sarah had been there to show us how to sled! Take care! Lee Ann and Becky

    ReplyDelete