I know spring doesn't officially start until this week, but last week when we had one day where the high was 56 degrees (!!!!!) that was also sunny AND we found a dry park in which to play, I'm going to call that our first day of spring!
Since we knew that our two favorite parks were still soggy, the kids and I scootered an extra block (3 blocks total) to Murphy Park. I'm totally going to miss the plethora of great parks around here, but I think that having our own yard again will make up for it.
I had been looking at random photography posts via pinterest the night before, so I decided I should grab my camera and snap some pictures of the kids with the great light I knew we were going to have. Though Nathan at first didn't want me to take pictures of him (typical), by the end of the afternoon I think I had pointed the camera at him so much he had just become desensitized and then finally cooperative with some great expressions right at the end.
Here he's fussing at me for taking a picture, but I think it turned out good anyway!
Nathan did a lot of "hard work getting the bushes ready for summer" with his "pitchfork" stick.
I got some great pictures where Sarah's eyes just pop...
... then amazingly I got some of Nathan too!
This is him watching some other kids intently. He is such an observer!
And my favorite picture of the day...
Back To School Night - Germantown Hills, IL (2016)
10 years ago




















This series really make me feel how they are growing up behind my back! Enjoy Boston but come back to Tennessee soon!
ReplyDeleteGranMom
Glad you all are finally starting to see grass below the snow. We just had another round of sleet, freezing rain, sleet, and a little snow yesterday. Becky's yard had so much sleet in it, it looked like snow! These are great photos; Nathan and Sarah are growing up so fast! You capture their spirits so well in the photos; it feels like they should be standing in your old yard, waving every time we pull a car into the driveway, with Nathan yelling "Hey!" and Sarah echoing it right after him! Tell them we said "hey!"
ReplyDeleteLee Ann and Becky