Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Andrew: 4 Weeks

Well, the big news is we think that Andrew might have blue eyes!!  So far in our family (immediate plus grandparents and Uncle James and Uncle David), all the boys have brown eyes and all the girls have blue eyes.  But Andrew's eyes look like they're lightening up to blue instead of darkening to brown, so he might buck the trend.  Gran did remind me that Granddaddy has blue eyes and Brian's Pepaw (Nana's dad) also had blue eyes.  So Andrew's taking after some pretty special great-grandfathers if we are correct!

Working on tummy time!


  • We "measured" Andrew at home before his three week checkup and he was as tall as Nathan's jeans pockets and as tall as Sarah's belly button!
  • Andrew's sleep habits still are completely unpredictable.  Early on Brian and I decided that he might sleep better during the daytime because he likes it light when he sleeps, so a few nights we tried leaving on my bedside light to "help" him go back to sleep during the night.  (I forgot how the middle of the night with a wide-awake newborn makes you eager to try ANYTHING to get that kid back to sleep.)  The next morning I told Brian that I wasn't sure that Andrew would notice whether the light was on or off when he was truly asleep - but then had to eat my words when I was carrying around a soundly sleeping Andrew and unintentionally gave him a face-full of sunshine streaming in a window and he bucked like I had physically slapped him!
  • Andrew also likes to make LOTS of noise in his sleep - grunting, groaning, chuckling, fussing, crying, and the most distinctive and funny noise he makes reminds me of a machine gun!  He is a LOUD sleeper!
  • This is just random, but I now remember it from the other kids too.  When I'm burping Andrew after a feeding, I'm almost certain to burp myself!

1 comment:

  1. Happy to hear all about Andrew and love the pictures. Sarah is so precious. Gran

    ReplyDelete