Ok, first two more pictures from our last day in the hospital.
Dad and son, both sleeping like a baby! (Well, not like baby Andrew the night before - he would have preferred to nurse the whole night, but I was limiting him to 15-20 min on one side, then 15-20 min on the other, then Brian would hold/distract him for the remaining 20-30 minutes until we would start the process all over the next hour. Andrew won in the end because all that nursing meant my milk came in about 12 hours earlier then with the other kiddos!)
First ride in the carseat. So tiny!
On the way home we stopped by Grandmother and Granddaddy's house to introduce them to their newest great-grandchild. Its hard to keep track these days, but I think Andrew is great-grandchild #20 for them! (Someone let me know if I'm wrong on my count.)
Then it was back home where we had a few minutes to unpack before Granddad and Nana showed up with the kids and a delicious dinner!
The kids were THRILLED to meet their baby brother!!
Unfortunately Sarah had a bad cough/cold (that morphed into THE PLAGUE... hopefully a post to document those details later) so we asked her to keep her distance from Andrew. She dealt with it like a champ because I know how much she wanted to pat/hold/hug/kiss her new baby brother!
(In a sing-song voice) "Baby Annn-drew! Baby Annn-drew!"
Nana and Granddad were also thrilled to meet the newest Kornrumpf!
The four Kornrumpf men.
Nathan was really eager to hold Andrew... until Andrew would start squirming (which was almost immediately) and then Nathan would say in a slightly panicky voice "OK! I'm done!"
We popped Andrew into the chair that we've had for both kiddos and I just had to take a picture of how small he was in it...
...but big brother didn't want to be left out. "Mom, I want to be in the picture too!" My how times have changed for Nathan in front of the camera.
Aunt Karen and Uncle Joe timed their visit to Tennessee just right to get lots of quality time with Andrew the next week!
And one more just because...
Back To School Night - Germantown Hills, IL (2016)
10 years ago




















No comments:
Post a Comment