Saturday, May 23, 2015

Preschool Graduation

Goodness, I CANNOT believe that summer is here and the kids are through with a whole year of preschool!  Which means in a few short months, Nathan will be starting KINDERGARTEN.  Sheesh, I never really thought he would get to be this old!

But back to last week, the kids had a "pajama day" themed graduation and since neither kid had any summer pajamas that would fit them, the day before gradation we hit up Walmart to find something for them to wear.  (Really my main motivation was to find an alternative for Nathan, who has been wearing the same blue striped shirt and fleece pants to bed since October and was ADAMANT that he would not be giving up those fleece pants for summer.  On a related note, he has also been determined not to switch to wearing shorts - until both pairs of beloved holey jeans were in the wash and have since mysteriously not made it back to his drawer, or his new summer sandals - which we also had to practically force on his feet.)

Apparently since I've been so lax on blog posts, I'm trying to fit everything I can think of into this one post.  So back to the topic at hand...

Pajamas needed.  Walmart trip commenced.  Nathan picked out "Paw Patrol" pjs, but they only had size 4T.   Sarah wanted a specific princess pajamas, but the only size they had was... 4T.  I thought that was kind of amusing.  But armed with appropriate attire, we were ready for the big day!!

Here's the video of Nathan's graduation ceremony.  He later told me that his teacher told them to hold their gowns up so they wouldn't trip on them, and he certainly took that advice to heart.  Nathan's towards the back of the line, look for the tippy toes!
 


Then all the classes (starting with the littles) went on stage and did a little performance.  Here's is part of Sarah's.  I was so proud of her because by the end of the song, she was the only one still singing and doing the motions.  Everyone else just ended up standing there with various bored/grumpy expressions on their faces.  But Sarah was still giving 100%!  (She's on the far right of the stage in pigtails.)


Then Nathan's class came back onstage to do their rock star performance.  Nathan had been sporadically mentioning a green guitar and then the week leading up to the graduation had been talking about red or gold sunglasses, but I was not prepared for the fun performance he gave.  And he was front and center too, which I'm pretty sure was on purpose because he had told me beforehand that he and Evan were on the front row with the girls and the rest of the boys were in the back row. 


So now summer vacation has started and I'm already sorely missing errand time without the big kids.  It is quite a production to haul three kids around Target or the grocery store, especially since Nathan and Sarah always have opinions about what we are doing or are asking me to buy things for them or I'm having to try and move our parade out of the middle of the aisle so other shoppers can get by.  Oops, another tangent.

Pictures to come of graduation with teachers and friends (maybe). 

No comments:

Post a Comment