Sunday, May 24, 2015

More Preschool Graduation

One of the last weeks of school I took my camera so that I could get pictures of the kids with all the special adults at their school.  Here's Nathan with his two teachers, the two Ms K's.  Ms K (on the left) wrote us such a sweet note about how great Nathan was in class and how he would always eat so well at lunch and how she predicted he would be valedictorian one day!  It just makes a Mama's heart proud to have a teacher be so complimentary of my sweet boy!


Sarah's teachers, Ms L and Ms E.  Ms L (on the left) actually became her teacher partway thorough the year when her original teacher wasn't able to finish out the school year.  I was worried about the transition because Sarah was really attached to Ms G (the teacher that left), but Ms L quickly earned a special spot in Sarah's heart.  Ms E was also greatly loved by Sarah.  Sarah came home one day telling me that Ms E told Sarah her address, which was "Kingston Pike" and with that information Sarah wanted to go visit her!  (For non-locals, Kingston Pike the biggest road in West Knoxville, going from downtown all the way out of the city limits.)  I told Sarah that unfortunately there was no way we could find Ms E's house without a number, plus I doubt she actually lives on the pike.


The kids LOVED Coach M, their soccer shots coach!


And last but not least this is the preschool director Ms R, who also spent time in each kids' class every school day. 


Here we are on the last day of school!! (First day picture back here.)  This was the only day all year that Sarah let me put her hair in pigtails!


So I didn't realize until too late that the "graduates" (is preschool graduation silly to anyone else besides me??) were only going to wear their gowns for the first part of the program, so I actually didn't take a picture of Nathan in his gown.  Fortunately I was able to pull this frame from the video so I would have something (but that's why its so fuzzy).


Sarah cheesing during her performance. 


Nathan seemed to get a little more animated during the last part of his song compared to the video I posted.


I loved this shot of Nathan at the end of his performance!  I think they were all instructed to "strike a pose" or something like that.


After the program, there was a pizza lunch for all the kids and their families.  Both kids had special friends that followed us to where our family was sitting so that they could eat with Nathan and Sarah.  This is Sarah and her sweet friend I. 


Nathan and his best friend E.


Another good friend B.


After we got home, we opened a packed for Nathan from his teachers and found this photo of Nathan.  Great job this year, buddy, you are so ready for kindergarten!!

2 comments:

  1. From Aunt Karen: congrats to Nathan on his preschool graduation. No, I think it silly too. I felt the same way about kindergarten graduation too. Dad thought only high school and college deserved graduation services. I graduated from 8th grade which he thought was silly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Greatpost with great photos and the narrative that will be a fond remembrance of this time in the life of your sweet family.

    ReplyDelete