First time in his high chair. He now is taking all his "meals" in the high chair rather then the bumbo.
As I mentioned in a previous post, Nathan has started sitting up on his own, so I tried letting him sit up in the shopping cart last week. Though he was kind of wobbly (and I had my hand right there for support if needed), he was able to sit up for most of a short shopping trip. By the time we were checking out, though, he had slumped over to one side and needed some support from me. And today he did much better when we went out to run errands!
Last night we went out to dinner with our friend Jennie, and Nathan spent most of the time sitting by himself in the highchair. I had attached a toy to the chair and he amused himself by playing with it and looking around for almost our whole dinner!
Nathan also spent lots of time with me in the yard on Thursday afternoon. I was weeding the beds in the front yard, so brought a blanket and some toys for Nathan to play with. He started out on his tummy playing with his toys, then after a while rolled to his back and spent lots of time looking up at the big tree in our front yard. When he finally tired of that, I put him in his bumbo and he watched me weed and checked out all the other goings-on in the yard and on the street. We must have been out there for almost an hour before Nathan was ready for something else, which was perfect timing because Brian had just gotten home from work.
Nathan and I also went walking/jogging with our jogging stroller almost every day last week, and he is perfectly content to hang out there as well and watch the scenery go by - or chew on the straps. Thank goodness because Mommy needs the exercise! Plus we are both able to enjoy the beautiful weather we've been having!
So this had been a random post, but better then no post at all!




Gran writes: What fun to imagine you 2 in the front yard and that sweet boy amusing himself for so long. Glad to hear you're out so much with him and thanks for making me smile with the pics and stories!
ReplyDelete