It's bedtime, but don't want to leave everyone hanging, so real quick...
Nathan's feeling much better, but we're still having some night wakings... as in last night he was up for 1.5 hours! After rocking and patting and shhhh-ing for 40 minutes to no avail, I gave him Tylenol. Then after another 50 minutes of the same I finally got fed up and stormed out of the room to tell Brian it was his turn. The Tylenol had definitely kicked in by then, what in the heck was my son still doing awake at 4:30 in the morning? Then Brian said, "Did you feed him?"
Did I FEED him? "Moron!" I said to myself, "No I didn't feed him!" That would have been way too logical and the thought had never crossed my mind in those 90 minutes that Nathan could be hungry! So I scooped Nathan back out of Brian's arms and nursed him back to sleep. Thank goodness that God decided kids needed two parents, because sometimes one can be completely oblivious (especially this one, and most especially in the middle of the night).
Anyway, Nathan (and I) ended up sleeping past 8 to make up for our middle of the night fun (but again, no rest for the weary resident who told me tonight that he woke up every time Nathan made noise during those 90 minutes, which was a lot!) I had a super productive day, going to Walmart, making soup, doing lots of laundry and general cleaning that hadn't been accomplished while Nathan was sick. Nathan didn't want to take a morning nap and only took a short afternoon nap (relatively short considering it was his only for the day), which left us with a little bit grumpy boy this evening. But he went straight to sleep for us at 7, leaving me lots of time this evening to catch up on my bible study and surf the internet. Why I left the blog update until the last minute, I'm not sure...
Tonight I found out that Jennie has strep, and since Nathan and I hung out with her lots yesterday, please say a prayer that neither one of us gets it! Nathan's so much more fun when he's feeling well!
Back To School Night - Germantown Hills, IL (2016)
10 years ago




No comments:
Post a Comment