Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Nathan the Builder

I found this blog post from the 20th that I started putting together and never finished.  So here's to finishing a slightly out of date but too cute not to share post!

Nathan and I have lots of fun playing with his blocks.  Our usual modus operandi is that I'll build towers and Nathan will help me by knocking them down.  However two weeks ago Nathan decided to mix it up - HE wanted to start building the towers.  And the new favorite block he's chosen is probably the most difficult to balance upright, especially since he insists on standing it up this way instead of on the other end.
Very carefully placing the block upright, only to have it topple over...

But once he got a good base to work from, Nathan was good to go!

In the next day or two after I took these pictures, all three of us were in Nathan's room and he was practicing his building some more, still concentrating on the same block in the same orientation.  Brian showed Nathan how to stack one of the small cylinders on top of his first block, then handed the cylinder over to see if Nathan could do it.  It took quite a few tries (Nathan kept getting his ring and pinky fingers caught between the blocks as he tried to stack them), but then success!  Brian and I were both super impressed with his dexterity!

No comments:

Post a Comment