Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Climbing and Riding

Though Nathan only seems to be moving s..l..o..w..l..y towards walking, he has made some small advances in other areas. His whole body coordination does seems to be improving dramatically, allowing him to do some fun things that he wasn't able to do just a week or two ago.

Nathan has finally become proficient at climbing up and down one step, and likes to show off his skills by hopping up and down off the fireplace hearth. He is always so proud of himself when he successfully climbs up on the hearth, and I love it when he sits on the edge like its his chair.

Looking more like a little boy all the time!

Nathan can also now climb on and off his zebra, and as long as he holds on with both hands, he rarely falls anymore. 

It's too bad about the table being in the way in the movie, but I had been trying for three days to get this on tape and figured this shot wouldn't be successful either. Nathan will usually stop what he's doing when I pull out the camera because the camera is WAY more interesting then anything else.

Nathan will also climb up the stairs from downstairs with some encouragement (and lots of spotting) from Daddy and Mommy. And just today I accidentally left the gate open to the sunporch and found Nathan playing in the cat's water bowl with Princess looking on in dismay. Even though he can now climb down that step successfully, we'll still keep the gate closed since we don't want Nathan getting into the cat's food or litter box. Nathan has also started standing on his own for a few seconds.  He did it a couple of times today, I think without realizing it.  I, on the other hand, had to exert lots of self control to keep from celebrating loudly, which would have startled Nathan and caused him to fall.

1 comment:

  1. Great picture, story and video! Looks like our boy is drawing on the Texan heritage in him-getting on from the left side of the horse, err, zebra is a winner!

    ReplyDelete