I grew up with real trees as a kid, and they have a special place in my heart. I love that you go as a family and pick it out, and I LOVE the smell it brings to the house. The first Christmas after we got married we bought a fake tree have have used it every year since. I have to say that fake trees are a cheaper route (especially when you buy a really cheap one like we did) and are more convenient, but I have continued to pine (get it?!) for a real tree.
Brian had a 24 hour call shift yesterday but was super fortunate to get lots of sleep last night. So this morning we bundled up and headed out to a local tree stand to pick out the perfect tree!
Daddy and Nathan having fun looking at all the trees.
Nathan wasn't thrilled when I pulled up the hood to keep him a little warmer.
We found the one!
Loaded up on the truck.
Once home, it was time to trim branches and cut the tree to the correct height (it was slightly too tall for our room). I got a hat and gloves for Nathan, hoping that he would toddle around the carport or at least sit on some blankets while I helped Brian. Unfortunately after Daddy spent a while getting Nathan's mittens on (so that his thumbs were in the thumb holes, which Mommy never takes the time to ensure), Nathan decided he really didn't want to be outside.
But once the tree was inside and up, Nathan was pretty interested again. Daddy gave him a branch off the top of the tree and Nathan had fun turning it this way and that and then using it to hit stuff.
Nathan's still not quite sure why there's a live tree in the house.
We got about 3/4 of the way through lighting the tree and realized that we didn't have enough strands to complete the job. I guess this tree is significantly larger then our fake one! So I'm off to the store tomorrow or Wednesday to get more lights so we can continue the decorating process. I'll be sure to share the end result (and maybe even the middle steps) with you!




No comments:
Post a Comment