Wednesday, December 15, 2010

From Broken Arm to Ear Infection

We've had kind of a rough week this past week.  It took Nathan a few days to get used to his cast, but then he was able to walk, scoot (at least until he got to something that he could pull up on) and sometimes stand up on his own.  The cast itself didn't seem to bother or even interest Nathan.  I may have seen him looking at it and tapping on it once, but he basically ignores it. 

Toward the end of the week last, Nathan started to get VERY clingy and was pretty fussy on Saturday.  Sunday after church Nathan started running a fever and that afternoon while Brian was at work Nathan just wanted to be held and sleep on me.  That evening and the next morning, he had a temperature of 103.1, but Brian and I agreed that I didn't need to take him to the doctor.  I guess our reasoning was that it was likely a virus and there wasn't much the pediatrician could do for him anyways.  Almost all of Monday I held Nathan again, but that evening we found out that one of our little friends, Penny, had tested positive for the flu, so Brian and I agreed that I would take him to the pediatrician Tuesday morning.  Nathan woke up feeling better, so I was tempted to skip the pediatrician appointment, but decided to call the office and speak to a nurse about whether he needed to be seen or not.  She recommended that we come in since Nathan was still so young.  As it turned out, Nathan didn't have the flu, he had his first ear infection!  So we've been on antiobiotics since yesterday morning and Nathan is feeling much better!  However, he is having a MAJORLY runny nose, so we are all having fun (not!) dealing with that. 

I know I've been slack about updating the blog this month, and that will likely continue as things get busier with Christmas just around the corner.  So I'm going to make it one of my New Year's Resolutions to get back on top of blog updating.  But until then, you may or may not hear much from us!

No comments:

Post a Comment