Saturday, January 15, 2011

The Saturday Rundown

  1. Nathan must be going through a growth spurt.  He has been waking up in the middle of the night or super early in the morning and giving us the "eat, eat" sign.  Earlier in the week, I was up at 2am feeding Nathan homemade teething biscuits (see #6 below) because he was so hungry that he couldn't sleep!  The next few days we made it until 5am before we needed a snack. I think we may be over the worst of it now, thank goodness!
  2. Nathan has been taking the LONGEST naps ever this week.  I'm sure it has something to do with the night wakings and early mornings, but I'm hoping that he's working on extending his single naps like I've heard some kids do.  I love it, but I almost don't know what to do with myself for 2+ free hours each day.  I mean, I know there are lots of things I SHOULD be doing, but...
  3. Nathan has ridiculous ear wax.  When he had his ear infection last month, the pediatrician had to clean his ear out before she could see well enough to diagnose the infection.  But since then, it is back with a vengeance in both ears.  So Brian and I sat down with Nathan last weekend, and while I held Nathan still, Brian cleaned out his ears.  It was a 5-10 minute process, and neither of us could believe how cooperative Nathan was!  And now his ears are very clean!
  4. One night this past week, I made sauteed spinach for dinner and Nathan could not eat enough!  He was scarfing it down as fast as I could cut it up and put it on his plate.  Chicken - nah.  Rice - whatever.  Sauteed baby spinach - must eat more!  I'm thrilled that he continues to be a great eater!
  5. As for as other foods Nathan loves, one of his absolute favorites are the homemade teething biscuits I make for him.  I made the first batch pretty early on, but then stuck them in the freezer because he never ended up needing them.  But now he LOVES them - as in I could probably feed them to him at all meal times and he would still keep coming back for more.  They're made of whole wheat flour, baby oatmeal and oj.  That's it.  But its like I'm feeding him dipped chocolates or fudge.  He'll tell me he wants to "eat, eat" a snack and when I pull the bag out of the fridge, he just gets this HUGE grin on his face.  I love it!

2 comments:

  1. Oh my! Now I know why you haven't written this week...busy feeding the boy! I loved the pictures the other day on the blog--he is looking like such a big boy! (Nathan makes me use lots of exclamation points I see.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our big boy is getting bigger; it must be a growth spurt. Kevin had serious ear wax too but his doctor was not so gentle. Kevin screamed and screamed; it was horrible. I can't tell now if it's a teenage thing, a male thing or if his ears need cleaning! Probably all three. The sauteed spinach sounds delicious. I'd love to try it sometime.

    ReplyDelete