Nathan has become fairly attached to his trio of stuffed animals: RaRa and the two bears. RaRa is his favorite by far, as well as the only one that has been officially named, but Nathan's bears are constant companions in the crib and playmates during the day.
Nathan's favorite pretend game is "naptime." To play this game, we must remove all three stuffed animals from the crib, as well as Nathan's blanket, then sometimes add the big blanket and little pillow that I keep on the rocking chair. Nathan will create a "bed" for his stuffed animals...
...or just lay down himself. I usually say something like, "Shhhhhhh, Nathan's taking a nap!" He'll lay there for a minute before popping up and moving on to something else. I'm really excited to see him starting to pretend because I know that will begin to open up a whole new world of play for him!
PS. Because I think RaRa has become our official "lovey", I would love to have multiple of him, but I don't remember who may have given him to us (or even when he appeared at our house). If you can help me solve this mystery or happen to see his brothers at the store, please let me know!
What a cute name for the blog and a fun story! I sure hope someone knows where RaRa is from! :)
ReplyDelete